A Polish-born French chemist and physicist, she is famous for here work on radioactivity. Amongst her notable achievements:
- Being the first female professor at the University of Paris.
- The first person to recieve two Nobel Prizes - Physics and Chemistry.
- The first woman to win a Nobel Prize.
- Only woman to win in two fields.
- Only person to win in multiple sciences.
Curie coined the term radioactivity, discovered two elements (polonium and radium) and founded the Curie Institute at Paris and Warsaw. She was born on this day in 1867 and died in 1934.